Sunday, November 21, 2010

Adidas Originals - JS License Plate Leather (New York Pair)

I can't say that I'm a fan of Jeremy Scott, a New York fashion designer well known for his outrageous designs favoured by world renowned pop stars and celebrities alike. His over-the-top fashion statement is easily not for everyone as reflected on his collaboration with Adidas where he came up with a collection of glittery-gold selection of sequins, sporty fringed tanks, harem pants, and popular winged high top shoes. I have several sets of ostentatious wearables but hardly on the Jeremy Scott level. Don't get me wrong though as his global reputation in the fashion industry speaks for itself. Just ask Karl Lagerfield, the creative director of Chanel who thinks Scott is the only designer who could take over Chanel after him.

Adidas Instinct is back from the dead
Jeremy Scott's Adidas Originals by Originals apparels were way too bold and expensive (at least for a sports apparel) for my taste but one particular footwear got my attention... Adidas Originals JS License Plate Leather. It comes in two different pairs; the New York Empire State and the Beverly Hills 24K Golden State. Jeremy Scott borrowed the design from Adidas Instinct, a classic high top sneaker from the 80's which was a certified hip-hop and court favourite.

I went on a month long hunt for this highly coveted kicks to no avail and I was certain that I wont be able to get my hands on it... or should I say my feet, to be more specific. That was until I got a call from my baby brother who got me this elusive kicks for my birthday. My birthday wish was certainly granted.

New York - The Empire State
The exaggerated tongue size is large enough to accommodate the beautiful metal license plate detail which obviously where it got its name after. The license plate itself is a stylish piece of detail within the fusion of simple and intricate design attributes this shoe possesses. The border of the license plate and the screws are chromed with silver to give its metallic impression. NEW YORK, in white font colour is emblazoned at the top most section of the plate. The backdrop of mountains and the Empire State building, along with the other skyscrapers are depicted in a mesh of blue and white colours. ADIDAS, in blue font colour is inscribed in the centre of the plate, striking against the white background colour. THE EMPIRE STATE, in white font is extolled on the lower portion of the plate against a strong blue streak. Overall the New York license plate detail is beautifully crafted. I love it!
 

Adidas - The brand with the 3 stripes
The signature three stripes on the sides and the classic trefoil logo at the back of the shoe gives this classic yet modern piece an unmistakable identity that belongs to the Adidas Originals brand. The New York Empire State edition comes in wheat, satellite, metallic silver palette combination. The upper, part of both sides and the shaft is made out of leather. The rubber sole comes in a simple white and blue colour combination and is sewn on the sides. The laser engraved Adidas signature and a Jeremy Scott sockliner are details worth noting as well. The white lace strikes against the strong blue tongue and accentuates the smart and trendy colour coordination implemented on this retro sneaker.

Now that's got to be comfortable with all that padding
The shoe is heavily padded with textile inside that's why my brother got me a 12.5 instead of the usual 10. The Jeremy Scott logo is also adorned inside and if you're not aware that JS License Plate Leather comes in two different pairs, peeking inside will give you a good idea.

Adidas Originals JS License Plate Leather is a retro piece of street style fashion that pays tribute to the 80's sneaker bravado. Jeremy Scott resurrected the classic Adidas Instinct and gave it a new lease on life and a flair that's way beyond street & hoop style level. (photos by caliroots.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment